Hello everyone and welcome back to The Edtech Podcast, where we aim to improve the dialogue between “ed” and “tech” for better innovation and impact.
This week’s episode is part of our series collaboration with Bett, supported by Pearson.
In this episode we are focused on Education and Esports, exploring:
- What is Esports and why does it matter? The scale of the Esports industry.
- How students are engaging with business, design, and communication through Esports
- How colleges are bringing Esports into their curriculum with an Esports BTEC
- Esports, diversity, student engagement and pathways to work and careers
- How to communicate Esports to parents, Governance boards and students
- How to change thinking around investment and kit requirements towards learning outcomes and practical approaches
I'm in conversation with three incredibly passionate individuals: Tom Dore, Education Director, British Esports, Shubbs Naika-Taylor, Curriculum Manager for Digital, Coventry College
and Camilla Maurice, Curriculum Manager, MidKent College.
A quick hello from Kaan who's interested in working in the EdTech industry as well.
Show Notes and References
You can find links to any references from the episode in our show notes: https://theedtechpodcast.com/edtechpodcast.
Tell us your story
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Or you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page or Instagram.