What's in this episode?
Hello listeners and welcome back to The Edtech Podcast, the show about improving the dialogue between “ed” and “tech” for better innovation and impact.
This week we share recordings made live at the launch of the European Edtech Network during London Edtech Week. For those who have been following the news, the ambitions of the network are interesting in the wake of Alt Schools pivot after raising nearly $200 million; many level the perceived failure or change of direction at Alt School to the lack of educators at the helm, relying only on the silicon valley faith in everything tech.
We also throw in a few listener messages and some news from the world of edtech events.
Enjoy and have a great week!
- Sophie Bailey is the Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
- Listener messages;
- Samuel Munyuwiny from the African Institute for Children’s Studies calling in from Nairobi, Kenya | Twitter: @SMunyuwiny
- Art Fridrich, A Higher Vision, USA | Twitter: @Ahighervision
- Event news from;
- Anni Mansikkaoja, Dare to Learn | Twitter: @Dare_ToLearn
- Ben Sowter, Senior VP at QS to talk about Reimagine Education | Twitter: @bensowter
- Avi Warshavsky, CEO, MindCET | Twitter:
- Cyril Ghanem, Head of Business Development, AppScho | Twitter:
- Leila Guerra, Assistant Dean of Programmes, Imperial College Business School |Twitter:
- Professor Rose Luckin, Centred Learning Design at UCL and Director of EDUCATE | Twitter:
- Angela Mcfarlane, | Twitter:
- Katy Fryatt, Founder & CEO, Learnit | Twitter:
- Vic Vuchic, Chief Innovation Officer at Digital Promise Global and Executive Director of the Learner Variability Project | Twitter:
- Mary Curnock Cook, former CEO of UCAS & Chair of Emerge | Twitter:
- Alison Clark-Wilson, Principal Research Lead, UCL EDUCATE | Twitter:
- Lucía Figar, IE Chief of Corporate Innovation Chairwoman IE Rockets, IE University | Twitter:
Show Notes and References
Check out https://theedtechpodcast.com/edtechpodcast for the full show notes.
Tell us your story
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Or you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page or Instagram.